MANday Topic- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF): STOP IMMEDIATELY! Evaluate The Y Factor First!
If you are thinking about IVF or already in the process, stop immediately and read this first!
According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) (2015):
- 50% of the time, The Y Factor (a.k.a. the male factor) is responsible for infertility
- Abnormal male reproductive history or abnormal semen results should be thoroughly evaluated by a Urologist, or Reproductive Urologist who specializes in male fertility
- Thorough evaluation by a Urologist, or Reproductive Urologist who specializes in male fertility, should include:
- Physical exam of the testicles
- Presence of vas deferens or spermatic cords
- Presence or absence of varicoceles
- Hormone evaluation (treatment if necessary)
- Sperm DNA
- Male infertility factor may be present in both normal and abnormal semen analysis
- Semen analysis is not enough. Sperm DNA damage is more common in infertile men and may contribute to poor reproductive performance and recurrent miscarriage
Here at The Y Factor, we are the premier experts in men’s urological wellness & fertility. When it comes to couples struggling with infertility, our first goal is always natural conception. We have seen countless couples attempt IVF, fail, and question why they were never referred to a Urologist or Reproductive Urologist. IVF is a method of assisted reproduction that is extremely expensive, costing anywhere between $10,000 to $20,0000 out of pocket. You’re starting your life together and planning your family and financial future. Since male fertility significantly affects your success in having children, The Y Factor’s male fertility services are a smart financial choice!
Schedule your male fertility evaluation today! Women have OB-GYNs & Men have The Y Factor!
Tristan Grimaldo, DNP, APRN, MHSM, FNP-BC
Dr. Tristan Grimaldo is a board-certified family nurse practitioner with a clinical doctorate specializing in reproductive urology. He is the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) and Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO) for The Y Factor- Men’s Urological Wellness & Fertility. He is also a professor at Texas Woman’s University (TWU) in Houston, TX and teaches at the graduate level. Dr. Grimaldo was recognized and awarded as the Most Outstanding Doctoral Student of 2017 by TWU and was inducted into the honor societies Sigma Theta Tau & Epsilon Omega Epsilon. Outside of work, Dr. Grimaldo is an avid fitness junkie and enjoys lifting weights, running and playing basketball. He is also a huge car guy and appreciates anything with a motor.
Want more information?
Ready to schedule you appointment? Just click on the call us button below to speak directly with our team.