Vasectomies are one of the safest, most effective means of birth control. For this reason, vasectomies are a great option for couples who don’t want to have children, or don’t want to have anymore children. It’s very common for men to come to our office interested in having a vasectomy, but the idea of having needles and scalpels in such a sensitive area puts many men off. Luckily, we have a better solution!
At The Y Factor, our approach is less invasive, and less painful compared to the normal vasectomy procedure. Our no-scalpel, no needle approach is a 10 minute in-office procedure that requires no incision under local anesthesia. The procedure may cause some mild pressure, but patients rate their discomfort in the 1-2 range. This discomfort lasts about sixty seconds.
Patients are able to return to work 24-36 hours after the procedure with the following restrictions:
- No lifting over 30 pounds for 2-3 days.
- No sexual activity for 7 days.
- No strenuous activity for 3-7 days.
- No aspirin or fish oil products for 48 hours. Tylenol is allowed.
- Postpone showering until the next morning after the procedure.
- No hot tub for 24 hours, however swimming is allowed one week after the procedure.
If you would like more information about vasectomy procedures, or you would like to schedule your initial consultation, please contact our office.